Many people look for part-time work from home jobs.
These types of positions are very convenient to those that are stay-at-home-moms.
Military spouses, college students, and someone who is building a business.
Even people who need extra money during retirement find it convenient.
5 Part Time Work From Home Jobs
Below you’ll find 5 part time jobs that you can apply to.
As a part-time worker, you’ll receive work hours that vary.
Usually anywhere from 30 hours or less. The jobs shared here are 100% remote positions.
Meaning they all can be done right from the comfort of your home.
#1. U-Haul Work From Home (Employee)
Yes, U-Haul has work from home jobs. Can you believe it? Well, it’s true.
The best part is you will have the ability to work from the comfort of your home part-time.
PRO TIP: U-Haul has their job listed under the Arizona location.
Regardless, you don’t have to live in Arizona.
You just have to work during Arizona Time zone. For those of you who do not know Arizona time zone, it’s Mountain Standard Time.
U-Haul Position: Sales And Reservations Representatives
Location: Phoenix. Arizona | Las Vegas, Nevada | Columbia, South Carolina | Charlotte, North Carolina | Springfield, Missouri | Birmingham, Alabama | Salt Lake City, Utah | Garland, Texas | Saint Albans, West Virginia | Midwest City, Oklahoma | Boise, Idaho | Council Bluffs, Iowa | Columbus, Ohio | Madison, Tennessee | Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Little Rock, Arkansas | New Orleans, Louisiana | Kansas City, Kansas | Jackson, Mississippi | Portsmouth, Virginia |
- Quiet Work Area
- You need your own PC/Laptop (Ask your U-Haul recruiter for specific PC requirements)
- High Speed- Internet Connection
- And a USB headset
Here’s What U-Haul Has To Say About The Job
- You’ll be taking a large number of calls. They’ll be back to back inbound calls.
- Providing resolutions to their escalated calls. During and after a customers rental.
- The inbound calls can relate to different services of U-Haul. Like reservations, hitches, and storage’s.
- Shifts will vary depending on call volume.
- They are looking for someone to WOW their customers. Is that you?
A Little Bit About U-Haul
Since 1945 U Haul has been the leader in the moving and storage industry. They’re looking for people right now. To work from home. If you like flexible hours check them out. You can work from anywhere.
You will work on as need basis. While participating in a 4-week training program. Training will be by a group webinar. In addition, to this, you will be responsible for completing self-paced courses. Before working on your own. You will be given on the job training. Where you can utilize the skills that you learned. And, get the support that you need to be successful.
There will be a 3-month education plan for further support. Your appointed Manager and other support team members will provide monitoring and counseling to you.
After U-Haul Training and Support
Once you are on your own you will have WAH manager. Of course, your team members will be available to you. Whenever you need help. All this support will help guide you along the way.
Working at home is not an easy task. So, you will need to be self-motivated. Manage your time well. And, be available when scheduled. More importantly, ask for help if you need it. If you are a self-motivated person U-Haul may be the job for you. Click here to Apply
Career Search Websites That You Can Visit
Need Additional Help With Your Resume And Such
#2. Class100 – (Independent Contractor Position)
Class100 believes in ensuring that every Chinese student will have equal access to knowledge. They partner with public schools across China. And deliver technology to their English Classes. This connects the teachers and students across the globe.
Position: Teaching English Online to the kids in China
Class100 Setting: Dual-Teacher Classroom –
One Chinese Teacher and The Other Will Be a Foreigner (Which is You)
How Many Students Will You Be Teaching?
You will be teaching 30 – 40 Students at a Time. Keep in mind you will have a dual teacher setting so, there should be help there with you.
Where Is This Position Offered?
Currently, they are hiring in the US and Canada
Hours: Set your own part-time teaching hours
Pay for Class100: According to Class100. The pay will be $16 – 23 USD an hour. Classes are 30 minutes long. You’ all also be paid on the 18th of every month. There is an added bonus if you have excellent performance, attendance, and so forth. Do your best!
Requirements for Class100
- Quiet workspace with a PC/Laptop, high-speed internet. All other tools will be provided.
What Do They Offer?
- Interactive lessons and tools
- Teacher Training
- No need to wait for class books, your set class schedule will be provided
- Extra bonuses and competitive benefits
- Dual teacher classroom settings
Here’s What Class100 Has To Say About The Job
- Working as an independent Contractor Position
- The position will last for 6 months
- Children will be between the ages of 6 – 18. And, you’ll deliver ESL lessons to 30- 40 Chinese kids.
- Provide Feedback
- Regularly check your email and response messages
- Prepare class for background decorations and teaching props
- 1 year of classroom teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- TESOL/TEFL/CELTA or any other teaching certificate preferred but is not required
Computer Requirements For Class100
- The latest version of Google Chrome is highly recommended
- Mac OS X 10.10 or newer.
- Or you can have a Desktop or Laptop with Windows 7 or 10.
- A built-in or high-quality external webcam is required.
- A Sealed headphone set with swivel boom microphone.
- High-speed internet should be 5 MBps download and 5MBPS upload (No wireless/WI-FI connection allowed) If this position interest you Click here to apply.
#3. Lionbridge – (Independent Contractor)
Lionbridge has been in business since 1996. It prides itself in their incredible team of experts. I have done a complete review of Lionbridge Click here to read the article. There you will find out how to apply to their Global Testing, Search Engine Evaluation, and Data Entry positions.
#4. Support.com (Employee)
Support provides technical support from the comfort of your home. They offer both part-time and full-time positions. At the time of your application or interview usually, they ask which shift would you prefer. If you do not see the part-time option available at this time. Just check back periodically.
Position: Remote Service Tech, Client Service Tech, Customer Service Tech, and Client Service Manager
Where Is This Position Offered?
The job offer says that the position is offered in California. However, you do not need to live in California. You can live almost anywhere in the US. You do have to work California hours. California is Pacific Standard Time. Click here to check the time.
Hours: Support.com will provide the hours to you. They are a 24/7 call center. And, they do not recognize Holidays. At times, you may be required to work over time. However, support claims to notify you beforehand.
Support.com Pay: Their pay varies. I have seen some job posting offering the position at $9.00 per hour. Plus $0.50 cent per hour for the non-taxable reimbursement incentive.
After training and completing a 100% attendance for a total of 90 days. There should be a little raise. Keep in mind that Support controls the rules and this can change at any time.
Requirements of Support.com
As far as computer requirements. Support.com is serious about meeting their technical requirements. If your computer does not pass the test during their interview. They will ask you to use another computer that will pass the test. Or you will have the option of buying a new one.
I actually worked for these people. My Laptop passed every step of the PC requirements except the GHz processor was off by a teensy bit. I ended up buying a new computer because, hey I needed a new one anyways. You can read support.com technical requirements once you decide to apply.
PRO TIP: Have your equipment and computer ready at the time of your interview. They will check your PC speed. They will also ask about all the other equipment.
In addition to the technical requirements, you’ll also need a quiet workspace with a PC/Laptop, high-speed internet. Your internet does not have to be hard-wired. It can be wireless/WI-FI. If you are interested in Support.com click here to apply.
#5. Alorica – (Employee)
They pride themselves in owning and providing their agents with a flexible schedule. You’ll work on your own time and set your own schedule.
Position: Processing inbound calls. Resolving issues, answering questions, providing customer service, adhering to a script, and the attempt to make an up-sell.
Where Is This Position Offered?
Alorica is available in almost all states throughout the United States but, in order to see if your location is available, you will have to go through the application process. The application process can take about 45 minutes.
Hours For Alorica: You must work at least 10 hours per week.
Pay: The pay is not disclosed. According, to Glassdoor. Which they are around 90% accurate their pay is about $10 per hour.
You will have to pay for your background check which is $31.95. It is important to know that you will not be reimbursed for the background check. Nonetheless, they just want to make sure you are serious about working from home.
- You’ll need to be at least 18 years of age
- Have basic computer skills
- Ability pass a background check and drug screening (based on the project)
- Score acceptable for the job related testing assessments
- Clearly communicate
- Bilingual may be required for certain positions
Here Are The Tools You’ll Need
- 17 inch or greater PC and No Macs allowed
- Internet Explorer 10.0 or higher
- OS Version: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
- Ram: Minimum 1GB or higher
- Processor Speed: 1GHZ or better on a multi-core processor.
- Sound card with speakers or headset is needed for training.
- During training, you’ll also need a headset attached to your phone.
- For security and stability reasons DSL, Cable, or fiber optic is required.
Types of Training At Alorica
Alorica offers their agents different types of training. They offered Instructor Led Training (ILT). Where you will be on a set training schedule. In a real-time classroom setting. This will allow you to socialize with your peers. In addition, to this, it gives you the opportunity to develop a relationship with those that you will be working within the future.
Other Types of Training
Depending on the project you are working on. Alorica also offers self-paced training. It is computer based. It has a series of modules that you must be completed in sequence order. Quizzes are presented after each module and do require a passing score. There is also an allocated time frame to complete all modules and attend any required webinars.
Benefits of Alorica
- It’s flexible
- No commute
- Medical and Dental is provided
If you would like to apply for Alorica Click here.
Now, it’s your turn. If you have worked at any of the above places. I would love to hear your experience.
Please share this post with your friends. I hope this has helped someone out. Good Luck…and I wish you the best in all you do. To your continued success….